Google announced that Google + business pages will become available over the next few days as the new feature is rolled out.
While you might not be able to create a page right now, it’s only a matter of days until your company or organization can get started. What can you be working on in the meanwhile?
Here’s a quick list of links that might help you prepare:
- An introduction and overview to what Google + pages look like from Google
- Mashable’s guide to the new pages
- And our favorite: Danny Sullivan’s writeup for Search Engine Land, which includes some of the earliest dos and don’ts, a good guide for creating the page and, no doubt, other updates as they become available
- Google + Pages Additional Terms of Service
- Google + Pages Contest and Promotion Policies: But we’ll save you some time here, as this pretty much sums up any outstanding questions about running contests and promotions within Google +: “You may not run contests, sweepstakes, offers, coupons or other such promotions (“Promotion”) directly on your Google+ Page.”
- Google + Platform Developer Policies
- User Content and Conduct Policy